Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces in Riverview, FL
Traditional Braces Versus Invisalign®Schedule Consultation
Receive Personalized Orthodontic Care, No Matter Your Needs or Preferences
Braces are a common component of creating healthy smiles for many patients these days. They correct oral concerns like crowding, spacing, jaw problems and a misaligned bite. More importantly, braces help improve oral health, reducing the risk of cavities and gum disease, and enabling proper eating and speaking. With the orthodontic options available today, many patients wonder if traditional braces or Invisalign® are best-suited for them. Dr. Matt Ahrens and our friendly team offer the personalized orthodontic care your family needs. We look forward to helping you choose the right solution for a healthy, happy smile!
Traditional Braces Have Withstood the Test of Time
Today’s traditional braces certainly are more comfortable than those of years past. Traditional braces are based on a proven, time-tested archwire and bracket system and still the most commonly used orthodontic solution today. Orthodontic braces apply gentle pressure on the teeth to gradually move them to their ideal position. We often find traditional braces more effective for certain cases, like extreme crowding and malpositioned teeth.
What should you know about traditional braces?
- Use brackets bonded to enamel and special wires to move teeth
- Smaller and less bulky than braces of the past
- Choose the color of your bands, and have fun with your smile
- Correct a wide array of orthodontic concerns, including severe cases
- Ideal for children, teens and adults
Invisalign® Clear Aligners Let You Straighten Your Smile Discreetly
If you are an adult or have a teenager concerned about the look or feel of traditional braces, Invisalign® may be ideal. Invisalign treats orthodontic problems discreetly, gently moving your teeth through a series of clear aligners. This system lets you remove your aligners for easy cleaning and when eating. However, it does require high-level commitment when it comes to wearing the clear aligners as recommended.
What should you know about Invisalign?
- Nearly invisible, BPA-free plastic aligners
- Easily removed for eating and homecare
- Worn for 20 to 22 hours each day
- Corrects mild to complex orthodontic concerns
- Ideal for teens and adults